Thursday, August 1, 2013

And so we begin...

With Scott and I on the same page with the design, we are set for construction.  At least I have a scenic shop attached to my office where I can pre-build almost everything well before load-in.  In fact, I can pre-fit many pieces and paint ahead of time.

Now, I have long subscribed to the philosophy of making things in standard, reusable modules or units. So, I can pre-build door units, window unit, stair units, platforms and even some flats for the walls.  Unfortunately, the shop is not big enough to assemble the entire set at one time, but I can get a lot of it together.

So, we began last Saturday, July 27 and got the stair units made and fit together.  Sunday July 28, we built door and window jambs and got them ready for sashes and leafs.

Tonight, we will begin making the 15 or so wall sections that it will take to enclose this set.  Of course, no two are identical...

No comments:

Post a Comment