Friday, August 9, 2013

8/9/13 progress

As of yesterday evening, we finished fabricating all of the major pieces.  I still have some details to address like base, chair rail and crown molding, stair railings...etc.  But building all of the big stuff  is complete.

So, we started to fit things together, creating the beveled filler strips to form the corners, and taping seams.
These are the wall sections for the cellar and the living room along the stairs.

Of course, Patrick and Melanie have to have a little fun with it. :) Melanie washing the window with no glass in it. And Patrick supervising..."Aren't you about done yet!?"

Will post some pix after some of this is painted.

With the set coming together and lights mulling in the back of my mind, I have started pulling together the furnishings.  The show takes place in an old farmhouse in 1968, occupied by an old lady who is recently deceased. So the furnishings and finishes are probably a mismatch of Depression era, 1940's and 1950's. The search began.  Some of the things that we need are a couch, table and chairs, radio, TV. Here's what I have secured so far.
couch

1940's Philco radio...need to make the dial glow

and the TV! it even still works!

We also have a great chrome and vinyl table and chairs right out of the 50's but I need to get it in my hands so that I can take a pic. Also have an old wooden rocking chair. 

Now, the show takes place in the summer of 1968, in a farmhouse in rural PA. So, what should be on the kitchen wall? A 1968 calendar from a farm supply company.
I still need to find 2-3 small accent tables and a small chest. I will hang some pictures on the wall and some nic nacs here and there to make it feel lived in. 



No comments:

Post a Comment