Friday, August 16, 2013

a step forward and a step backward, so to speak...

Gary and I finished the painting treatment on the cellar and he striped the bead board, making it ready for dry brushing.
I think that the cellar looks creepy enough.  After we install on stage, I may add some webs on the wiring and drain pipe.

So, the light that is on the wall of the cellar was originally on the ceiling of the scenic shop.  I, like a total klutz, managed to fall off of the ladder getting down after removing it from the ceiling.  Banged up my foot pretty badly. Don't think it is broken but I am sure not moving as fast as I'd like. I cannot afford downtime. Load-in is just over a month away and I have a lot of details to finish up.

Tomorrow, we will break this section down and store it. Then set up all of the walls to get stenciled wallpaper.  That along with fabbing the ceiling for the upstairs is the next item on our agenda.  

Scrim was ordered on 8/14.  Should arrive on Monday. We will lay it out on the floor on top of brown craft paper and paint it to match the living room walls.  That way, when installing on stage, it just needs to be stapled into place.  

No comments:

Post a Comment